As this blog passes its second anniversary (the first post was An Ode to Poundability on Sep. 20, 2011 though there are earlier posts redirected from my marketing blog), it might be interesting (to me, anyway), to review the most popular recipe posts. Here they are.
1. Wilted Kale Salad. Although Burnt My Fingers is hardly about healthy living, this well-balanced salad can’t help but make you feel better and live longer. Good choice.
2. Sizzling Chicken Sisig. If we revisit the list next year, this simple Pinoy bar snack will be #1… it was published in March of this year and already has over 2000 pageviews. The search engines in the Philippines must like it for some reason. Oddly, another Pinoy riff, Adobo Carnitas Style, hasn’t gotten the same traction.
3. Vincent’s Garlic Cole Slaw. A lot of people would like to have the correct recipe for this intensely garlic-y slaw served at a classic Dallas restaurant, and here it is.
4. Squash Casserole a la Highland Park Cafeteria. Another Dallas classic, made sweeter by the restaurant’s refusal to publish the recipe and my daughter’s success in sussing it out. (Read carefully: a key ingredient is the broken but not crumbled saltines.)
5. Vinegar Cole Slaw. This is a surprise to see in the top 5 because it’s so simple. But it’s good. Try it.
Next: the top 5 non-recipe posts.